About the Elixir Bloody Mary Cocktail
San Francisco bartender and Liquor.com advisory board member H. Joseph Ehrmann says this is the world’s best Bloody Mary recipe.
Ingredients in the Elixir Bloody Mary Cocktail
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 oz Square One Organic Vodka
- 4 shakes (about 1 tsp) Dried dill
- 4 shakes (about 1 tsp) Ground white pepper
- 4 shakes (about 1 tsp) Celery salt
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes Tabasco Sauce
- About .5 oz Elixir Juice (a mixture of olive brine, dill pickle brine and various other pickle brines) or pickle brine
- Juice of 1 lemon wedge
- 1 tsp Prepared horseradish
- 4 oz Tomato juice
Garnish: Kosher dill pickle and cooked thick-cut bacon slice
How to make the Elixir Bloody Mary Cocktail
Coat the rim of a pint glass with Old Bay Seasoning. Add the remaining ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice. Shake lightly—you want to mix the ingredients without melting too much of the ice—and pour (unstrained) into the prepared glass. Garnish with a kosher dill pickle spear and a cooked slice of thick-cut bacon. Don’t use a straw; drink from the rim in order to get a little of the Old Bay with each sip.
At H. Joseph Ehrmann’s Elixir in San Francisco, this drink is called the Bloody Elixir.
Watch Liquor.com advisory board member H. Joseph Ehrmann make his Elixir Bloody Mary in our How to Cocktail video.