About the Bananarac Cocktail
The New Orleans classic Sazerac gets a clever upgrade with banana liqueur.
Ingredients in the Bananarac Cocktail
- 1 oz Old Overholt Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz Tariquet VSOP Armagnac
- .5 oz Giffard Banane du Brésil Liqueur
- .5 tsp Demerara syrup (2 parts Demerara sugar, 1 part water)
- 1 dash The Bitter Truth Old Time Aromatic Bitters
Garnish: Lemon twist
How to make the Bananarac Cocktail
Pour a little absinthe into a chilled rocks glass. Swirl to coat the inside, discard any excess and set the glass aside. Add the remaining ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice. Stir, and strain into the prepared glass. Twist a swatch of lemon peel over the drink and discard.