Liquor.com is the world’s leading digital content brand for mixology, spirits and cocktail culture. The Liquor.com platform reaches more than five million consumers per month via email, web, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and the more than 40 websites and mobile apps to which it syndicates content. Liquor.com’s digital-to-local platform educates and inspires consumers online with award-winning expert content and then engages them socially and locally via premium cocktail, spirits and culinary experiences at top venues in many major U.S. markets. In 2013, Liquor.com was the recipient of the prestigous James Beard Award for its original web video series “How to Cocktail.” Other editorial awards include Best Cocktail Writing and Best Cocktail Author at Tales of the Cocktail in 2012.
A career at Liquor.com is your opportunity to help take the company to the next level. We offer a fun, fast paced culture that embraces work and fun. Please see below for all currently open positions. For general inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Account Executive, Digital Advertising Sales
Liquor.com is looking for a digital advertising sales executive to play an impactful role in developing and closing successful digital and social media marketing programs for consumer brands. This individual contributor will be responsible for supporting and closing new business with brand advertisers and media buying agencies, with a focus on the beverage alcohol industry (spirits, wine, beer) and other premium consumer and lifestyle categories (e.g. travel, luxury, financial services, entertainment). This candidate must have experience selling lifestyle categories, strongly preferred to have experience selling spirit/beverage categories.
This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of digital advertising sales planning or media planning experience required.
- 1+ years selling media prefered.
- Experience selling lifestyle categories, ideally with experience in beverage/alcohol.
- Ability to identify prospects and create sales opportunities with content integration and creative packaging to maximize inventory and revenue across email, web, and social platforms.
- Ability to negotiate rates and schedules.
- Ability to develop custom programs in response to RFP’s, including strong proposal writing.
- Strong understanding of digital advertising with experience selling web, email, video and social media integration.
- Developing marketing materials to support digital sales efforts, including general presentations, program sell-sheets, proposals, media kits, wrap-up reports, and other collateral.
- Working with designers and product managers for the build out and execution of custom campaigns.
- Communicating results internally and externally, and elevate opportunities and/or challenges to management team.
- Basic understanding of how the various components of the cocktail/bar/spirit industry works.
- Knowledge of ad serving and ad serving companies is a plus.
- Past ad operations coordination experience is a major plus.
- Past experience in the food and beverage industry is a major plus.
Qualifying candidate must have:
- 2-3 years experience in media planning/sales planning, 1+ years selling media prefered.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Must be skilled in speaking with clients and internal teams.
- Must be professional and positive in conduct.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to achieve sales goals.
- Willingness to travel when needed.
- Must be a motivated self-starter.
- Must work well both alone and collaboratively.
- Must be interested in working in a start-up environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee. Preferred applicants should currently reside in New York and be eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Account Executive Digital Advertising Sales” Thank you.
Liquor.com has an immediate opening for an experienced senior editor.
The senior editor will be responsible for a range of duties, including managing copy flow; assigning stories; and writing stories. The senior editor will also help develop then manage a team of freelance writers and contributors across the country.
The role requires a keen interest in the world of high-end cocktails, bars and spirits, of course. It also a demands a general understanding of the ways and contexts in which people drink that’s a world away from the buzziest speakeasy.
In short, no matter if the content is highbrow or low, nerdy or mainstream, we are seeking someone who likes booze and wants to tell good, smart, fun, engaging stories about it.
If that sounds like you, apply here: http://goo.gl/3I4jiU. The job is ideally in New York City or San Francisco, but we’re potentially flexible for the right candidate.
The work is rewarding. The pay is competitive. The booze is (usually) free.
- Manage a network of freelancers and contributors
- Oversee copy flow—all the way from assigning stories to final production
- Top-edit copy so it melds with Liquor.com’s house style, while also preserving individual voices
- Proof copy
- Participate in editorial meetings that require brainstorming, pitching stories and optimizing editorial processes
- Write stories for both the Liquor.com site and for email
- Manage and produce special content features and packages
- Maintaining a robust network of tipsters for intel on all that is newsy and pertinent in the broad drink space
- Help manage Liquor.com’s social media platforms
- A passion for—and knowledge of—the drinks world, including bars, spirits and general lifestyle content, aka good living
- At least 5 years editorial experience, best if at the senior level
- At least 21 years of age (pretty much a given to have had at least 5 years of higher-level editorial experience)
- A great writer and editor
- Ideally lives in New York City or San Francisco (we could be flexible on this one)
- Knows what makes a good story, no matter if the story is told in email or on the web; or if the story is short or long
- Familiarity with editing recipes
- Understands and is able to harness the power of social media
- Works well with others and is able to multi-task and do so gracefully under pressure
- Fun and easygoing but detail-oriented, with an unbending devotion to “getting it right”