Liquor.com is the world’s leading digital content brand for mixology, spirits and cocktail culture. A job at Liquor.com is fast-paced but fun—probably exactly how you imagine it might be. See below for all currently open positions. For general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Revenue
Liquor.com is seeking a talented, experienced and entrepreneurial business development and revenue-focused leader to join our team as Head of Revenue. This new position will oversee and manage strategy, operations and execution of Liquor.com’s existing and future revenue channels.
Liquor.com’s main offices are in San Francisco and New York City. This position will report directly to the CEO and is slated to be based in San Francisco, however, New York is an option for the right candidate.
- Ownership of monthly revenue and monetization metrics from all channels (e.g. web RPM, revenue per subscriber, eCPMs, fill rates)
- Manage all revenue-generating activities on Liquor.com’s platform, including strategy, development, operations, and execution of Liquor.com’s:
- Direct Ad Sales and Sponsorships
- Media Operations / Client Services
- Events and Activation
- Backfill/Programmatic Sales
- New Revenue Channels (e.g. lead gen, ecom, content licensing, content development)
- Strategize and oversee all aspects of Direct Sales:
- Sales offering and ad product development
- B2B Sales marketing collateral development
- Account, channel and territory management
- Revenue forecasting
- Pre-sales through campaign development and execution
- Communication between Sales / Media Ops and other departments — Content, Product and Marketing.
- Management of the following functional areas:
- Direct Sales
- Media Operations / Client Services
- Ad Operations and Programmatic Solutions
- Integrated Marketing
- Trade Marketing
- Events and Activation
- Liquor.com’s Branded Content Studio
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Extensive publisher-side experience with digital-advertising sales across multiple digital mediums, including, web, email, video, social media, mobile web and apps.
- Proficiency and deep understanding of best practices in digital-advertising execution with display advertising, native and custom content, pre-roll, brand integration and the latest ad technologies.
- Proven history and experience scaling revenues with existing publisher assets and through the development of new, highly effective brand-marketing solutions.
- Very digital/data savvy, ideally with some DMP experience for user analysis and behavioral solution development for on- and off-platform audience extension and targeting.
- History of developing, presenting and closing seven-figure revenue programs directly with clients, as well as through their media buying agencies via the traditional RFP processes.
- Management experience and proven track-record of hiring, coaching, training and scaling high-performing and effective sales organizations both on-site and with remote team members.
- Strong skills and experience identifying and testing incremental revenue opportunities through native display units and other new advertising technologies.
- Experience identifying and testing new high-margin revenue channels (e.g., lead gen, ecommerce, subscriptions, etc.).
- Past ecommerce experience a major plus, but not required.
- Strong business and partnership development skills.
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Head of Revenue.”
Audience Engagement Editor
Liquor.com—the world’s leading and largest cocktails and spirits lifestyle publication—is seeking a talented Audience Engagement Editor to join its team. In this position, you will work closely alongside Liquor.com’s Audience Development, Content and Product groups to help develop and lead innovative strategies and executions for content-focused initiatives that drive audience growth and engagement.
Liquor.com is a 6 year-old digital media startup with over 1.2M registered email subscribers (growing by ~100k subscribers per month). In 2014, Liquor.com had over 21M unique visitors. The company’s audience growth is currently 100% unpaid—focused around search, email, publisher partnerships and social media referral.
Liquor.com’s main offices are in San Francisco and New York City. This position can be based out of either location. (Remote applicants will also be considered.)
- Ownership of the content strategies and posting executions for Liquor.com’s various social media channels (e.g., Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc.)
- Identification and co-development of new potential social media channels and publisher partner distribution channels that build audience growth and engagement
- Identification and creation of new content, as well as the “rebundling” of existing content, for social media and publisher partner channels to drive engagement and traffic growth
- Heavy participation in web and email product optimizations that help build audience growth and engagement metrics
- Identification of new content categories and content formats for Liquor.com’s Content team to regularly pursue that will drive audience growth for Liquor.com
- Editorial ownership and community management over Liquor.com’s content contributor community DrinkWire (http://drinkwire.liquor.com), which consists of hundreds of publishers, bloggers and bartenders
- A leadership role in exploring product features, 3rd-party tools and other innovative strategies that build a deeper reader community across Liquor.com
- Collaboration on the content selection, copywriting and strategy of future FB Ads tests
- Very strong overall writing and editing skills
- Very data-driven (internal + external data) in your approach to creating content for audience growth
- Strong skills and experience with developing content and posting strategies for social media channels like Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
- Very strong research and data/analytics analysis skills
- Experience and familiarity with social media listening and posting tools for optimizing your workflow, user engagement metrics and referral traffic yields
- Ability to learn and write within Liquor.com’s editorial voice, tone and style and help adapt it appropriately to different mediums (eg., Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Ability to leverage, utilize and manage Liquor.com’s community of 700+ cocktails and spirits bloggers, as well as a pool of skilled freelance writers, to create new original content focused on driving referral traffic via social media and media partnerships
- Experience with Facebook Ads a major plus
- Experience with content SEO a major plus
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco or New York City (remote applicants will also be considered), and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Audience Engagement Editor” Thank you.
Liquor.com is looking to add a Copywriter to their Media Operations team in San Francisco, CA. The Copywriter’s main responsibility is to produce partner and branded content.
The ideal candidate will have at least two year’s experience working in a copywriter role in the Internet/media or advertising spaces. The candidate should possess strong writing skills as well as strong branding and marketing sensibilities.
- Produce sparkling, engaging copy and concepts for branded and partner content. That includes emails, web articles, social-media posts and other digital content platforms
- Participate in and lead creative brainstorming sessions for branded content
- Collaborate with sales and creative teams to develop concepts that meet objectives and strategies for prospective advertisers
- Keeping abreast of storytelling trends in the digital marketing space and putting those observations into action
- Support client-facing departments
- Produce lively, engaging Liquor.com marketing materials
- Must have at least 2 years experience in media, advertising or a related industry.
- A proven ability to create engaging content on the web
- Ability to collaborate
- Passionate about advertising, with a deep interest in ideating, editing and writing client-related materials
- Ability to work well and carefully under tight deadlines
- Adaptable to the rapidly-changing digital landscape
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Copywriter” Thank you.
The primary mission of the Desiger is to advance the Liquor.com brand reputation for exceptional design through creative work on web sites, ads, email campaigns and other digital components of the Liquor.com experience. The company has an exciting opening for a Designer to join our team and work on projects with all departments in a 360 degree fashion. This role takes on both external clients for brand campaigns, as well as internal Web site and email feature design.
Here’s your chance to work with globally-known liquor brands like Bacardi, Grey Goose, Tanqueray, and many others that leverage our audience reach and digital expertise.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a designer interested in a growing, thriving digital media company. Liquor.com has an entrepreneurial start-up culture coupled with established success. We’re a small team and you’ll be doing a bit of everything – new and exciting projects every week.
- Design, test and produce digital assets including website pages, emails and ads on a weekly publishing schedule.
- Partner with copywriters to conceive, develop and execute compelling creative to engage customers and prospects, ensuring text and images harmonize.
- Design and optimize email and page templates.
- Proactively offer suggestions and strategies to drive engagement and revenue through web design and presentation.
- Help make the marketing a sales collateral impact our audience and clients
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Designer, Web/Graphic” Thank you.
Full-Stack Software Engineer
Liquor.com is searching for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to add to our small team. You’ll do a little of everything: rapidly prototyping new features across the front and back end, building microsites for big globally-known brands, kicking around ideas with our design team, sales, and marketing, you name it!
- Solid SQL knowledge and experience with MySQL
- Ability to secure and administer a Web server using Apache or Nginx on a Linux platform
- Strong experience with WordPress
- Passion for new and developing technologies
- An eye for server security
- iOS and or Android Development
- Understanding APIs
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Full-Stack Software Engineer” Thank you.
Business Development Associate
The business development associate, a member of Liquor.com’s sales team, is responsible for assisting in the overarching success of Liquor.com. The business development associate is responsible for proactively generating leads for the sales team over the phone/email in an effort to gain new opportunities and arrange appointments for the Sales Executives to close new digital media partnerships. The business development associate will communicate with customers via phone and email, with a heavy emphasis on outbound calling.
This position is in San Francisco, at the Liquor.com’s headquarters and reports to the Director of Sales + Partnerships.
- Meet and exceed goals through new client lead generation
- Proficiency working over the phone in an inside sales and/or support role with proven effective cold and warm calling skills
- Meet and exceed all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including outbound calls per day quota
- Create new client relationships to garner new business
- Effectively grow pipeline through new client leads
- Ability to communicate with customers and prospects in a consistently positive and engaging manner
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned; responsibilities may change and grow over time
- Growth opportunity into Junior Digital Media Account Executive position
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a strong sales pipeline
- Ability to identify, target prospective decision makers through outbound tele-sales (cold calling)
- Demonstrated expertise in initiating and managing successful client relationships
- Strong communication skills, negotiating abilities and excellent phone etiquette
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and is internet savvy
- Results oriented with a sense of urgency; motivated by success
- Capable of meeting short-deadline goals on a daily basis and adapting to rapidly changing needs
- Experience and adaptability with a fast changing, complex, dynamic and entrepreneurial working atmosphere
- Strong professional presentation, verbal and written skills; communicating with leadership, management as well as internal and external customers
- Strong computer skills; highly proficient with MS Office and CRM database software
- BA/BS required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience – inside sales and or/coordinator level at a publisher, advertising agency, or brand preferred
- Experience with CRM software such as Salesforce.com
- Strategic sales acumen
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Business Development Associate” Thank you.
Assistant Events Project Coordinator, Trade Marketing (Part Time)
Liquor.com is looking for a project coordinator/planner to play a supporting role in event planning and coordination. This individual contributor will be responsible for creating systems to organize, track and manage event execution end to end. This person will also support in the acquisition and management of vendors and will assist in coordination and execution of all additional elements needed for event inclusion. This position reports directly to the Director of Trade Marketing. Required Skills/Experience:
- Bachelors Degree required
- 1-3+ years of project management and/or event planning experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- General understanding of the digital advertising and marketing
- Familiarity with Social Media marketing and its relevance within events
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced operation on the events side of our business
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Proven self-starter, with ability to drive initiatives and end goals
- Strong interest in events and/or spirits industry a must
- Proven self-starter, with ability to drive initiatives and end goals
- Experience using project management tools (e.g. Basecamp) is a plus
- Contacts and existing relationships with vendors and venues is a plus
- Ability to develop brand marketing materials for inclusion in events is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To Apply: Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, part time (20 hours per week) employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Assistant Events Project Coordinator, Trade Marketing” Thank you.
Editorial Interns (Paid)
Liquor.com is looking for a part-time editorial intern. The intern who is chosen will work with the editorial staff to help readers gain a better understanding of the cocktail and spirits world, as well as:
- Research and pitch news stories and source information and images as needed
- Produce and optimize social media on Facebook and Twitter channels
- Write weekly Extended Happy Hour newsletters for New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco
- Use WordPress to create new content pages
- Assist in editing cocktail recipes
- Chance to pitch and write feature articles
- Must be age 21+ to apply.
- Must be able to work for at least three days a week, both remotely and in midtown Manhattan
- Understand how to work efficiently, quickly and carefully in a fast-paced digital media environment
- Understand how social media functions—and why it matters in today’s media landscape
- Know and care about the world of spirits, cocktails and all the ways people drink, whether in a dive bar or the poshest speakeasy
Apply here: http://liqr.co/1FrKip9