Liquor.com is the world’s leading digital content brand for mixology, spirits and cocktail culture. The Liquor.com platform reaches more than five million consumers per month via email, web, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and the more than 40 websites and mobile apps to which it syndicates content. Liquor.com’s digital-to-local platform educates and inspires consumers online with award-winning expert content and then engages them socially and locally via premium cocktail, spirits and culinary experiences at top venues in many major U.S. markets. In 2013, Liquor.com was the recipient of the prestigous James Beard Award for its original web video series “How to Cocktail.” Other editorial awards include Best Cocktail Writing and Best Cocktail Author at Tales of the Cocktail in 2012.
A career at Liquor.com is your opportunity to help take the company to the next level. We offer a fun, fast paced culture that embraces work and fun. Please see below for all currently open positions. For general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Account Executive, Digital Advertising Sales
We are looking for an digital advertising sales executive to play a impactful role in developing and closing successful digital advertising and social media marketing programs for consumer brands. This individual contributor will be responsible for supporting and closing new business with brand advertisers and media buying agencies, with a focus on the beverage alcohol industry (spirits, wine, beer) and other premium consumer and lifestyle categories (e.g. travel, luxury, financial services, entertainment)
This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years of digital advertising sales experience.
- Ability to identify prospects and create sales opportunities with content integration and creative packaging to maximize inventory and revenue across email, web, and social platforms.
- Ability to negotiate rates and schedules.
- Ability to develop custom programs in response to RFP’s, including strong proposal writing.
- Strong understanding of the digital advertising with experience selling both web and email advertising.
- Experience and familiarity with social media.
- Experience with developing marketing materials to support digital sales efforts, including general presentations, program sell-sheets, proposals, media kits, wrap-up reports, and other collateral.
- Can work with designers and developers and project manage the build out and execution of campaigns.
- Can communicate results internally and externally, and elevate opportunities and/or challenges to management team.
- Basic understanding of how the various components of the cocktail/bar/spirit industry works.
- Knowledge of ad serving and ad serving companies is a plus.
- Past ad operations coordination experience is a major plus.
- Past experience in the food and beverage industry is a major plus.
- Must be excited to learn more about both online advertising and the trends of ad serving as well as the cocktail and digital spaces.
Qualifying candidate must have:
- 3 years experience in media.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- External and internally facing role. Must be skilled in speaking with clients and internal teams.
- Wants to join a fast-paced sales operation on the revenue side of a growing media business.
- Must be professional and positive in conduct.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to achieve sales goals.
- Willingness to travel when needed.
- Must be a motivated self-starter.
- Must work well both alone and collaboratively.
- Must be interested in working in a start-up environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee. Preferred applicants should currently reside in New York and be eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Account Executive Digital Advertising Sales” Thank you.