Liquor.com is the world’s leading digital content brand for mixology, spirits and cocktail culture. The Liquor.com platform reaches more than five million consumers per month via email, web, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and the more than 40 websites and mobile apps to which it syndicates content. Liquor.com’s digital-to-local platform educates and inspires consumers online with award-winning expert content and then engages them socially and locally via premium cocktail, spirits and culinary experiences at top venues in many major U.S. markets. In 2013, Liquor.com was the recipient of the prestigous James Beard Award for its original web video series “How to Cocktail.” Other editorial awards include Best Cocktail Writing and Best Cocktail Author at Tales of the Cocktail in 2012.
A career at Liquor.com is your opportunity to help take the company to the next level. We offer a fun, fast paced culture that embraces work and fun. Please see below for all currently open positions. For general inquiries, please email email@example.com.
Account Executive, Digital Advertising Sales
Liquor.com is looking for a digital advertising sales executive to play an impactful role in developing and closing successful digital and social media marketing programs for consumer brands. This individual contributor will be responsible for supporting and closing new business with brand advertisers and media buying agencies, with a focus on the beverage alcohol industry (spirits, wine, beer) and other premium consumer and lifestyle categories (e.g. travel, luxury, financial services, entertainment). This candidate must have experience selling lifestyle categories, strongly preferred to have experience selling spirit/beverage categories.
This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of digital advertising sales planning or media planning experience required.
- 1+ years selling media prefered.
- Experience selling lifestyle categories, ideally with experience in beverage/alcohol.
- Ability to identify prospects and create sales opportunities with content integration and creative packaging to maximize inventory and revenue across email, web, and social platforms.
- Ability to negotiate rates and schedules.
- Ability to develop custom programs in response to RFP’s, including strong proposal writing.
- Strong understanding of digital advertising with experience selling web, email, video and social media integration.
- Developing marketing materials to support digital sales efforts, including general presentations, program sell-sheets, proposals, media kits, wrap-up reports, and other collateral.
- Working with designers and product managers for the build out and execution of custom campaigns.
- Communicating results internally and externally, and elevate opportunities and/or challenges to management team.
- Basic understanding of how the various components of the cocktail/bar/spirit industry works.
- Knowledge of ad serving and ad serving companies is a plus.
- Past ad operations coordination experience is a major plus.
- Past experience in the food and beverage industry is a major plus.
Qualifying candidate must have:
- 2-3 years experience in media planning/sales planning, 1+ years selling media prefered.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Must be skilled in speaking with clients and internal teams.
- Must be professional and positive in conduct.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to achieve sales goals.
- Willingness to travel when needed.
- Must be a motivated self-starter.
- Must work well both alone and collaboratively.
- Must be interested in working in a start-up environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee. Preferred applicants should currently reside in New York and be eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Account Executive Digital Advertising Sales” Thank you.
Producer, Client Services
Liquor.com is looking to add a Producer to their Digital Advertising Sales team in San Francisco, CA. The Producer’s main objective is to oversee all-things creative for Liquor.com’s sales team and to ensure efficient and successful development of all paid advertising campaign components, ultimately reaching client satisfaction.
This role will primarily focus on post-sales campaign production and execution. The Producer will manage and implement everything from the design of original ads and microsites for Liquor.com’s advertisers to the production and layout of native and sponsored content in Liquor.com’s website and email CMS. The Producer will also support the design of mockups for sales pitches and redesigns of sales decks, as needed for winning new business.
In addition to working closely with the advertising sales and client services teams, the Producer will also directly interface with Liquor.com’s editors, content producers, engineers, Creative Director and Director of Product.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years experience working in a production role in the Internet/media space and possess strong creative sensibilities and skills (more details around this listed below). The ability to project manage, multitask and work well with team members is also must to be successful in this position.
- Work directly with the Director of Client Services, the Account Manager as well as the Sales Executives to produce paid advertising sales related assets and placements
- Assume ownership of post-sale campaign production execution and ensure campaign production is moving forward on time and as expected
- Produce all sponsored emails
- Produce all sponsored web pages
- Design banner ads and microsites for paid advertising clients
- Interface with Liquor.com’s editors, content producers, engineers, Creative Director and Director of Product.
- Bachelors degree and/or equivalent work experience
- At least three years of experience in production role
- At least two years of experience working in the Internet/digital media space
- Graphic design experience
- Strong creative sensibilities
- Strong design skills in Photoshop
- Experience with web CMSs like WordPress
- Some front-end coding skills (i.e., html, css, js, etc.) are a major plus
- Experience with email service provider CMSs like SailThru, MailChimp, etc.
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Strong understanding of digital advertising: website and email display advertising, social media, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational, project management and multitasking skills with a high attention to detail
- Interest and ability to work in a fast-paced operation on the revenue side of growing media business
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with lots of different teammates, departments and—in some cases—clients
- Proven self-starter, with ability to drive initiatives and end goals
Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Producer, Client Services” Thank you.
Ad Ops Manager, Client Services
Liquor.com is looking to add an Ad Ops Manager to their Digital Advertising Sales team in San Francisco, CA. The Ad Ops Manager’s main objective is to manage online display media trafficking and other media operations efforts as well as monitor performance of campaigns from an analytical, data-focused angle.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years experience working in a production role in the Internet/media space and possess strong analytical sensibilities and skills (more details around this listed below). The ability to project manage, multitask and work well with team members is also must to be successful in this position.
- Work directly with the Director of Client Services, Account Manager as well as the Sales Executives to monitor performance of all paid promotions across Liquor.com’s media channels: Website, Email, Social Media platforms and more.
- Manage all site served and third party served advertising campaigns via DFP
- Optimize creatives and creative rotations to ensure delivery of active campaigns
- Establish dialogue with internal teams regarding delivery of campaigns
- Oversee relations with media vendors, e.g. for rich media and video partnerships
- Responsible for managing all remnant advertising efforts
- Responsible for aggregating all campaign performance data and maintaining all campaign reports to help ensure delivery is on track and to keep clients of campaign performance
- Problem solve and troubleshoot technical issues
- Keep the team informed of open inventory
- Support the Director of Client Service with booked revenue and COGS activity reports at the end of each month, as well as other paid campaign accounting related efforts tied to campaign performance
Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Ad Ops Manager Position” Thank you.
Liquor.com is looking for a smart, diligent office manager for its San Francisco headquarters. The office manager will carry out a range of administrative tasks. The most important of the office manager’s tasks will be to ensure the office runs efficiently.
- Develop and implement new administrative systems, such as record management
- Organize the office layout and help keep it organized
- Purchase and maintain office supplies, e.g. stationery and equipment
- Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs
- Serve as main point of contact for all office related contractors and vendors, i.e. PG&E, Arrowhead, Recology, etc.
- Delegate office work to staff
- Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices
- Write reports for senior management
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Interest and ability to work in a start-up operation
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Proven self-starter, with ability to drive initiatives and complete tasks
Liquor.com is seeking candidates who will be a dedicated, on-site, full time employee in San Francisco, and who are eligible to work in the US. Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to send the email with the subject line “Office Manager position” Thank you.