About W.L. Weller Bourbon
Founder: William Larue Weller
Year Founded: 1849
Distillery Location: Frankfort, Ky.
Buffalo Trace Distillery
113 Great Buffalo Trace
Frankfort, KY 40601
502 696 5926
Master Distiller / Blender: Harlen Wheatley, Master Distiller
W.L. Weller Bourbon Essential Facts
- W.L. Weller, like Maker’s Mark and Larceny, is a wheated bourbon, which means it’s made from corn, barley and wheat. Most other bourbons are made from corn, barley and rye.
- W.L. Weller was acquired by Buffalo Trace in 1999 and is mostly available in Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma and Kentucky.
How you should drink W.L. Weller Bourbon
- On the rocks
- With a bit of water
- With club soda
- With ginger ale
- In cocktails (Brown Derby, Ward Eight, Mint Julep, Old Fashioned, Presbyterian, Horse’s Neck)
Types of W.L. Weller Bourbon Available
- W. L. Weller Special Reserve
- Old Weller Antique
- W.L. Weller 12-Year-Old
- William Larue Weller Antique Collection