Founder: William Grant
Year Founded: 1892
Distillery Location: Dufftown, Scotland (Speyside)
There is a visitor center at the distillery.
Master Distiller / Blender: David Stewart, Master Distiller
How you should drink it
- On the rocks
- With a bit of water
- With club soda
- With ginger ale
- The Balvenie is the only distillery in the Scottish Highlands to still floor malt its barley.
- Master Distiller David Stewart has been making whisky at William Grant for 47 years.
- If you’re visiting The Balvenie, also stop by its sister brand Glenfiddich. The two distilleries are right next to each other.
Types of The Balvenie Available
- The Balvenie DoubleWood, 12-Year-Old
- The Balvenie Signature Cask 2, 12-Year-Old
- The Balvenie Single Barrel, 15-Year-Old
- The Balvenie PortWood, 21-Year-Old
- The Balvenie 30-Year-Old
- The Balvenie Rum Cask, Aged 17
- The Balvenie Madeira Cask, 17-Year-Old
- The Balvenie Vintage Cask 1978