About Plymouth Gin
Founder: Mr. Coates
Year Founded: 1793
Distillery Location: Plymouth, Devon, England
Black Friars Distillery
60 Southside St.
Plymouth, PL1 2LA, United Kingdom
Tel: 011 44 1752 665 292
Master Distiller / Blender: Sean Harrison, Master Distiller
Plymouth Gin Essential Facts
- Plymouth’s Black Friars Distillery dates back to 1431, when it was built as monastery.
- All of the brand’s gin is made in just a single pot still, which was installed in 1855.
- Not only can you take a tour of the distillery, but there’s also an on-site café and a store selling Plymouth merchandise.
How you should drink Plymouth Gin
- With tonic
- In cocktails (House of Payne, 50/50 Martini, Nouveau Sangaree, Gin on Gin Julep, Ginger Smash, London Toddy, Pink Plymouth Gin & Tonic, Gin Fizz, Vesper, Negroni)
Types of Plymouth Gin Available
- Plymouth Gin Original Strength
- Plymouth Navy Strength
- Plymouth Sloe Gin