Old Rip Van Winkle Bottle
About Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon
Founder: Julian Van Winkle Jr.
Year Founded: 1974
Distillery Location: Frankfort, Kentucky
Master Distiller / Blender: Julian P. Van Winkle, III
Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Essential Facts
- While most bourbon is made from a mash of corn, rye and barley, the Van Winkle recipe calls for a sweeter mix of corn, wheat and barley.
- Pappy Van Winkle isn’t just a catchy name; he was the family’s pioneering patriarch. The bourbon icon started out as a liquor salesman in the late 1800s and later ran his own distillery.
How you should drink Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon
- On the rocks
- With a bit of water
- With club soda
- With ginger ale
Types of Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Available
- Old Rip Van Winkle 10-Year-Old Handmade Bourbon (107 proof)
- Old Rip Van Winkle 10-Year-Old Handmade Bourbon (90 proof)
- Van Winkle Special Reserve 12-Year-Old Bourbon
- Van Winkle Family Reserve 13-Year-Old Rye Whiskey
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 15 Years Old
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 20 Years Old
- Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve 23 Years Old