About Jameson Irish Whiskey
Founder: John Jameson
Year Founded: 1780
Distillery Location: Midleton, County Cork, Ireland
The Jameson Experience
The Old Distillery
Midleton, County Cork, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 21 4613594
The Old Jameson Distillery
Bow Street Distillery
Smithfield, Dublin, Ireland
Tel: 00 353 1 8072355
Master Distiller / Blender: Brian Nation
Jameson Irish Whiskey Essential Facts
- Jameson is the best-selling Irish Whiskey in the world.
- The Local Pub in Minneapolis pours more Jameson than any other bar in the world.
- The Latin motto on the bottle’s label, “sine metu,” means “without fear.”
- Jameson’s main ingredients are unmalted and malted barley, maize, and Irish water from the Dungourney River local to the distillery.
- Jameson is aged in sherry, bourbon, and port barrels.
- The whiskey is distilled three times.
How you should drink Jameson Irish Whiskey
- On the rocks
- With a bit of water
- With a bit of club soda
- With ginger ale (1 part Jameson, 2 parts ginger ale)
- In cocktails (The Copper, Irish Coffee, The Irish Car Bomb)