About Bushmills Irish Whiskey
Founder: Sir Thomas Phillips
Year Founded: 1784 (The whiskey was made under a different name starting in 1608.)
Distillery Location: County Antrim, Northern Ireland
Old Bushmills Distillery
2 Distillery Road
Bushmills, Northern Ireland
Tel: 44 28 207 33218
Master Distiller / Blender: Colum Egan, Head Distiller
Bushmills Irish Whiskey Essential Facts
- In 1608, Sir Thomas Phillips was awarded a royal license to distill whiskey by King James I.
- Bushmills was one of the only distilleries to stay open during Prohibition.
- The Bushmills distillery ceased operations during World War II but was used to house Allied troops.
How you should drink Bushmills Irish Whiskey
- On the rocks
- With a bit of water
- With club soda
- With ginger ale
Types of Bushmills Irish Whiskey Available
- Bushmills Original
- Bushmills Black Bush
- Bushmills 10-Year-Old Malt
- Bushmills 16-Year-Old Malt
- Bushmills 21-Year-Old Malt