From the brand
In 1987, Tom Bulleit fulfilled a lifelong dream of reviving an old family bourbon recipe by starting the Bulleit Distilling Company. Inspired by his great-great grandfather Augustus Bulleit, who made a high-rye whiskey between 1830 and 1860, Tom left a successful law practice and risked everything to experience life on the frontier. Today, Bulleit Bourbon is distilled and aged in small batches. High rye content gives it a bold, spicy character with a distinctively smooth, clean finish. Kentucky limestone-filtered water provides a foundation for the bourbon's character, while charred American oak barrels lend a smoky backbone. Our aging philosophy is simple: we wait until our bourbon is ready. "
Founder: Tom Bulleit
Year Founded: 1987
Distillery Location: Lawrenceburg, Ky. (bourbon) and Lawrenceburg, Ind. (rye)
Master Distiller / Blender: Tom Bulleit
Bulleit Essential Facts
- Bulleit Bourbon is based on a family recipe created by founder Tom Bulleit’s great-great grandfather, Augustus.
- The bourbon is made from a mash that’s about two-thirds corn and one-third rye.
- The rye whiskey is made from 95 percent of the eponymous grain.
How you should drink Bulleit
- On the rocks
- With a bit of water
- With club soda
- With ginger ale
- In cocktails (Perfect Pearl Manhattan, The Revolver, Devil Went Down to Georgia, Tootsie Roll, Bulleit 7 Hands, Bullet Rye’s Up, Bulleit Rye Swizzle, Mancini, Bulleit Bourbon Kentucky Buck, Rub & Rye)
Types of Bulleit Available
- Bulleit Bourbon
- Bulleit Bourbon 10-Year-Old
- Bulleit Rye Whiskey