Founder: David Simson
Year Founded: 1779
Distillery Location: Bowmore, Islay, Argyllshire, Scotland
Bowmore, Islay, Scotland
Tel: 011 44 1496810671
Master Distiller / Blender: Eddie McAffer, distillery manager
How you should drink it
- On the rocks
- With a bit of water
- With club soda
- While the distillery has a long history, the origins of the name Bowmore are unknown.
- In 1991, one of the brand’s warehouses was turned into a community swimming pool, which is heated with the distillery’s recycled hot water.
- A rare bottle of 1850 Bowmore became the most expensive Scotch in the world when it sold at auction for £29,400 pounds in September 2007.
Types of Bowmore Available
- Bowmore 12-Year-Old Scotch Whisky
- Bowmore 15-Year-Old Darkest Scotch Whisky
- Bowmore 18-Year-Old Scotch Whisky
- Bowmore 25-Year-Old Scotch Whisky
- Black Bowmore
- White Bowmore
- Gold Bowmore