Founder: Alexandre Le Grand
Year Founded: 1863
Distillery Location: Fecamp, France
The Palais Benedictine, Fecamp, France
Master Distiller / Blender: Eric Tourain, Master Distiller
Bénédictine Essential Facts
- In 1510, the Benedictine monk Don Bernardo Vincelli created the recipe for this French liqueur, which calls for 27 plants and spices. The three main ingredients are Angelica, Hyssop and Lemon Balm.
- There are only three people on earth who know the complete recipe for making the spirit.
- Benedictine is aged for up to 17 months before bottling.
- The brand was first imported to the United States in 1888.
How you should drink Bénédictine
- In cocktails (The Good Cork, Cunningham, Vieux Carré, The Brotherhood, Flying Dutchman, Gypsy Queen, 24 Sour, C & B Old Fashioned, Smuggler’s Cove Straits Sling, Fat Like Buddha Cocktail)
Types of Bénédictine Available