Whether or not your kids are starting another school year this fall, we think it’s the perfect time for you to buckle down and do some studying of your own—mixological studying, of course.
It’s the ideal project, since you’ll have a bit more time thanks to our partners in the Food Network Community Table, Back to School Edition (see the list below), who have helped you figure out lunch.
So, we suggest beginning by mastering a classic recipe and then also a tasty twist on it. Try making the refreshing (and very simple) gin-based Tom Collins and then whipping up a delicious raspberry version.
Another drink you should know how to fix is the Partida Margarita, which is our favorite formula for the famous tipple and only contains three ingredients. Once you have that down, mix the Savory Margarita, which calls for exotic red bell pepper juice and honey syrup in addition to the standard tequila and lime juice.
Here are links to the rest of the Food Network Community Table, Back to School Edition:
- Food.com: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi Rolls
- FoxNews.com: Sunflower Seed Butter and Apple Butter Pancake Sandwich
- Eatocracy: Broke College Student Buffet
- The Daily Meal: Bacon Cheesy Whole-Wheat Pita Pockets
- FN Dish: Double-Duty Dinners Turned Lunches
- YumSugar: Fully-Loaded Turkey Club Sandwich
- Food52: Pan Bagnat: Le French Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Yahoo! Shine: Avocado Quinoa Salad
- Big Girls Small Kitchen: Swiss Chard Turnovers With Parmesan and Pistachios
- Healthy Eats: Mini Quinoa Rice Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cooking Channel: Lunch Recipes Your Coworkers Will Try to Steal
- Feed Me Phoebe: Deviled Egg Salad Sandwiches